Terms of Service
- Must be 21 years or older with a valid driver's license and proof of auto insurance
- Never volunteer if you have fever, suspect you are sick or feel that you may be contagious in any way.
- Providing medical advice is never appropriate.
- Adhere to HIPAA (www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy) guidelines and patient confidentiality at all times.
- Please be continually aware of the image you are projecting — we represent not only the volunteer program but also the patients, families of patients and the community at large.
One of the most important things for you as a volunteer to remember is confidentiality. You will come into contact with many people and a lot of information that must not be shared. Information, no matter how it is acquired or how trivial it may seem should never be used loosely in social conversation. This includes not only information obtained in personal discussions with patients, but all types of information about patients you have knowledge of. In all situations, the patient has the right to expect that you will retain confidentiality. The agreement to confidentiality that you sign will remain in effect indefinitely. In other words, any and all information obtained by you should never be discussed.
As a volunteer of Your Ride Is Here, I understand that I may not reveal confidential information learned or obtained while providing transportation for Your Ride Is Here. I also understand that divulging any information that I may learn about patients to other unauthorized persons is cause for immediate termination from the volunteer program and could even possibly result in legal action.
Release and Waiver of Responsibility
This Release and Waiver of Liability (the "release") executed this day by the applicant named and submitting this form ("Volunteer") releases Your Ride Is Here, ("Nonprofit") a nonprofit corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of Texas and each of its directors, officers, employees, and agents. The Volunteer desires to provide volunteer services for Nonprofit and engage in activities related to serving as a volunteer driver.
Volunteer understands that the scope of Volunteer’s relationship with Nonprofit is limited to a volunteer position and that no compensation is expected in return for services provided by Volunteer; that Nonprofit will not provide any benefits traditionally associated with employment to Volunteer; and that Volunteer is responsible for his/her own insurance coverage in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of Volunteer’s services to Nonprofit.
1. Waiver and Release: I, the Volunteer, release and forever discharge and hold harmless Nonprofit and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from the services I provide to Nonprofit. I understand and acknowledge that this Release discharges Nonprofit from any liability or claim that I may have against Nonprofit with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from the services I provide to Nonprofit or occurring while I am providing volunteer services.
2. Insurance: Further I understand that Nonprofit does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide me with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health or disability benefits or insurance of any nature in the event of my injury, illness, death or damage to my property. I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of Nonprofit beyond what may be offered freely by Nonprofit in the event of such injury or medical expenses incurred by me.
3. Medical Treatment: I hereby Release and forever discharge Nonprofit from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during my tenure as a volunteer with Nonprofit.
4. Assumption of Risk: I understand that the services I provide to Nonprofit may include activities that may be hazardous to me including, but not limited to driving an automobile. As a volunteer, I hereby expressly assume the risk of injury or harm from these activities and Release Nonprofit from all liability for injury, illness, death or property damage resulting from the services I provide as a volunteer or occurring while I am providing volunteer services.
5. Photographic Release: I grant and convey to Nonprofit all right, title, and interests in any and all photographs, images, video or audio recordings of me or my likeness or voice made by Nonprofit in connection with my providing volunteer services to Nonprofit.
6. Other: As a volunteer, I expressly agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Texas and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas. I agree in the event that any clause or provisions of this Release is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Release shall not be affected.
What information do we collect?
We only ask for your current address and contact information.
What do we use your information for?
- Match you to patient rides in your area
- Notify you when there's a ride needed
- To send you periodic emails regarding special news or events by Your Ride Is Here
- To send you periodic newsletters including exclusive promotions and discounts provided by Your Ride Is Here, our sponsors or our partners
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer your information to outside parties. Promotions or other offers from our sponsors or partners will be distributed through Your Ride Is Here. We may release your information when we believe the release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property or safety.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites may have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Terms of Service
Please also see our Terms of Service establishing the rules and confidentiality agreement of becoming a volunteer with Your Ride Is Here.
P.O Box 4149
Cedar Park, TX 78630